As the year comes to a chaotic but an abrupt end, we thank those whom have made the biggest of impacts throughout the preceding twelve months and lick our lips at the prosperity the next may bring. We collate an abundant Wishlist, filled with dreams, sparkle dust and all, but what is it we truly seek. Each of our lists tell a different tale as to where we are at and where we want to be next. Our very own Billy has created a list which we refined so that the trail of paper scroll cannot outreach the far away hills. Despite finding many treasures during 2017; including jewels of love, golden fields of smiles and even as sweet ride in a Maserati, the world of JustZeusBooks wishes for something a little closer to nuance than unnecessary.
Billy's five Christmas wishes:
5. JustZeusBooks' loyal magicians continue to inspire others in 2018!
- throughout 2016/17, Billy's magicians; Max, Jake, Matt, Imogen, Francesca, Bridget, Reily and Ruby have wowed over 6000 students across three states. With comical wit and awesome acting, their selflessness, they continue to put themselves bravely into the spotlight for the benefit of others. May they keep entertaining in whatever they choose to chase beyond Christmas.
4. May the festive season bring an abundance of joy to those in need!
- proudly supporting the incredible endeavours of Kai Eardley Fund, promoting mental wellbeing in youth, as well as the altruistic community in at Perth Children's Hospital. With pride, we stand tall supporting such special people. A medal of honour for all involved.
3. Equality reins over all!
- Much work has been done bridging necessary gaps but, still more is needed. Wishing away inequality in gender bias, pay discrimination and the heinous stigmas that continue to plague our society. Enough is enough. May 2018 bring about more overdue change.
2. A delightful Christmas break for my creators, Timothy Bristow and Natalie Martin.
- Without these two charitable legends, I would still be merely a figment of Timothy's imagination. Their undeniable work ethic, selfless friendship and constant inspiration allows those around them to rest easy, knowing there are incredible people in this world. Wishing a merry Christmas to the pair of you and your beautiful family.
1. You! Our amazing supporters rock!
- These past 12 months have been rewarding, insightful and a time of much growth. Without your support, kindness, preaching of our work, sharing our magic and purchasing our product, this adventure would have been over before it truly begun. May you all have a safe and happy festive season. Here's to another incredible journey in 2018.
Merry Christmas from Billy & the JustZeusBooks Team.
We know the lost boys of Neverland and the folk from Narnia, their mighty mystique seems to awe even the most cynical of beady eyes. At which stage of life and with what environment do these enchanted places become just a childish and detached haven? One glorious paradise I was privileged to visit across Victoria was the common school. And there were plenty of them. A most amazing place; one of pure magic, schools are quite simply the bomb. With many a visit to all kinds of schools this past fortnight, one thing is a certain commonality; kids are incredible.
Despite repeating the same presentation, on more than thirty-five occasions, the reaction on the students’ faces is pure bliss. They represent so much more than the pupils in this school or that, more than that number in the system or ‘bum on a seat’, ensuring funding. On the grand scheme, these little champions are our future but for now, they are just a big bunch of impeccable human beings. I can’t help but wonder what goes through their minds as I strut my idiotic acting and inspirational tales before their eyes but I do know, their innocence reassures me there’s a little piece of magic in every experience in which kids encounter. Oh, to be a child again, the world is such a simplistic place to grow in and explore.
The most impressionable of souls, children only see mystical power with all they consume within each day’s experience. So, for every student, the amazing realms of one’s imagination are transformed to all extremes, each different from the next. It is rather inspiring just watching how the kids soak in what my magicians and I have to offer. I feel humbly blessed for just being asked to show off and share with these kids.
As the magic of Santa’s special visit rolls around, spare a thought for the child within. Be thankful for the incredible world your childhood brought and spread its beauty with honour, for the greatest gift one can share this festive season with our youth is of course the wonder of childhood joy. We are adults a long time, celebrate childhood like it should be.